Saturday, January 23, 2010

Future Orientation

I am amazed at the difference it makes in my life when I stay focused on the future. I meet a lot of people who like to whine and complain about their current circumstances. I fight the temptation at times myself. Check this out... Proverbs 4:25-27 says, "Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." In essence, stay focused on the future and the path that is required to get there. Don't let yourself be distracted by activities that don't contribute to the vision God has placed in front of you. Make sure your feet are moving forward! Wow! What a challenge to us today. What is the vision God has for your marriage, for your ministry, for your work? Don't let anything get you off the vision. Stay focused and keep putting one foot in front of the other. This is wise living!