We had a very jammed packed weekend at South Bay Church. It started with a group of 24 people from Lake Pointe Church and Rush Creek church arriving on Wednesday and Thursday of last week.
Here are some highlights from the 4th weekend:
* Mission Teams hung 6,000 door hangers in two days.
* Close to 10,000 total evangelistic touches were made.
* Over 50 volunteers representing South Bay served at the City 4th of July festival. The team represented Jesus well by serving with humility and a "happy heart"! Thank you for building a great name for the church and for the gospel in our community.
* Gave away literally thousands of beach balls, balloons, and kids prizes at festival on the 4th! Seemed like people were having a blast! It was a great first connect with South Bay Church.
* We received a personal email from one of our city officials today thanking South Bay for serving at the festival. It is such a great joy to know that God can use us to bless our community!
* Started Life Apps series. Our team did a great job with staging and all the elements that went into the look. I am extremely proud of this series because everything from set elements to publicity was done by our volunteers and staff. Good job gang!
* 185 people in worship today! This includes 28 from Mission Teams. I am still encouraged by the 157 from our community on the 4th weekend. I am praying that God helps us continue to build momentum throughout the rest of the summer.
* Message on peace today. Talked from Philippans 4. It was great to be speaking again after a four week break! Talked about God's desire for us to lay our burdens at His feet. Everybody was given a brick when they walked in. At the end of the service we encouraged everyone to give that brick to God and lay it on the altar.
* We don't experience peace in the big areas of life because we fail trust God in the small things of life. We have to start trusting God with what is in front of us right now.
* Stacie shared about a testimony of our struggles getting pregnant a second time. Stacie did this via video. I am very proud of her for her courage to share her pain and minister through the difficulty our family has been facing! She talked about how God has given her peace in the midst of this!
* We are making tremendous progress as a team and as a church. It is a real honor to serve Jesus and to be a part of His kingdom! We have some areas to really grow and improve, but I must say that I am encouraged by all that God is doing and I am reminded that the best is ahead!
* Looking forward to next week as we talk about courage!