Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Faithful to the end!

Hebrews 11:13
"All these people were still living by faith when they died." 

Wow! What a statement. On the day of their death these people were living with all out passion and fire for Jesus! Why do so few people finish the race strong? It seems like I hear of so many people who have passion for Christ at one point in the journey, but lose their passion the longer they are a Christian. Why is that? It seems like the more we know God the more we should be consumed with Him! When you meet someone who finishes strong, they are the shining star, the exception to the norm. I was challenged by this thought, "what must I do today to live for Jesus tomorrow?" Are the choices I'm making today leading me towards a life that finishes well? May God give us the grace to build a strong foundation that leads to a life of lasting impact!