Couple of highlights from Sunday:
- 2nd week of Marriage redefined looking at Ephesians 4:22-29. Talked about what God intended for communication to look like.
- Nobody gets this communication thing right 100% of the time, it requires work and a constant renewing of our minds and attitudes to the principles from the scriptures.
- Healthy communication has four key ingredients outlined in this passage... it is clear, calm, current, and constructive!
- If we would learn to communicate the way God outlines we would experience the joy and peace in our home that God intends.
- 2 more people made a decision to follow Christ this week! This is the best part of what God is doing in our midst. Really looking forward to our baptism service on Nov. 15. If you have questions about baptism or would like to sign up just shoot us an email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Couple of key one liners from the message-
Getting louder helps you be heard, but doesn't help you be understood!
In communication you can win an argument but lose the relationship!
Some people would experience a radical change in their marriage if they just learned to use words to build up instead of tear down.
* All of this to say, it is looking at what Jesus did on the cross that we understand the basis for relationships. It is in understanding His great love that we begin to experience the kind of communication that he desires.
In addition to all this we had a great day with volunteers. Our team did a fabulous job with creating an environment that helps people who are far from God connect with the message of Christ! I am so excited about what God is doing in our church and I can't wait to watch him continue to help us reach our community! Thanks to all of you who serve faithfully and give yourself diligently to this vision. There's no way we could do it without you.
BTW- we've had close to 150 first time guests in the last 3 months. it is so exciting to see new faces every week. If you didn't hear we have a Newcomer's Dessert this Sunday November 8... immediately following the service. Get all the details here. If you would like to rsvp just email- Laura@southbaychurch.org.
Super excited about talking on Romance and Intimacy next Sunday! Hope you'll be there. I am proud to be your pastor and so excited about the future of what God is going to do through this church!