Here are four areas where God leads us to have courage-
1. The courage to step out.
2. The courage to hold back.
3. The courage to prioritize.
4. The courage to surrender.
There is one addendum that I wanted to add on to my message. I only have 30 minutes to communicate the message so there is stuff I have to leave out...
I wanted to give you a few questions to assess risk and determine if God is leading you to take the steps...
* Do I have a clear leading from God in this direction?
* Are there biblical principles that I would violate in taking this step?
* What do godly men and women advise in this instance?
* Is this the right season to take this step?
* Am I being motivated by fear or faith?
After running a decision through this grid, I usually get about 70% of the way on big decisions and then I take the the next step I believe God is leading me to take. This includes decisions like: starting a 2nd/3rd service at South Bay, beginning a capital campaign, hiring a new employee, family decision to adopt, etc....
I hope this helps!