I usually get 2-3 requests for appointments from church planters each week. Because my life is becoming increasingly full I needed to create a list of books for planters. This list is the books which have most influenced the way I think about church and leadership. Aside from Good to Great and EntreLeadership all of these books are written by leaders who have started their own churches or lead growing churches. I put a one sentence description next to each book to help you. Enjoy!!
1. Purpose Driven Church, Rick Warren. Story of Saddleback and Rick's strategy for church leadership.
2. Rediscovering Church, Bill & Lynn Hybels. Story of Willow Creek and Hybel's strategy for church leadership.
3. It, Craig Groeschel. Book about the importance of depending on God and His favor.
4. Launch, Nelson Searcy. Best book on a system for getting a church off the ground.
5. Exponential, Dave & Jon Ferguson. Great book on multiplying disciples and leaders from day 1.
6. Visioneering, Andy Stanley. Great book on getting and communicating vision.
7. Holy Discontent, Bill Hybels. Great book on how vision is birthed in our hearts.
8. Sun Stand Still, Steven Furtick. Great book on the faith you will need to plant a church.
9. Axiom, Bill Hybels. Pure leadership wisdom that is needed for every planter.
10. Go Big! Bil Cornelius. Story of Bay Area Fellowship and Cornelius' strategy for church leadership.
11. EntreLeadership, Dave Ramsey. Great nuts and bolts of the organizational side of leadership.
12. Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, Jim Cymbala. Story of Brookyn Tabernacle and the power of prayer.
13. Next Generation Leader, Andy Stanley, Great principles for leadership.
14. Good to Great, Jim Collins, Great book with solid leadership principles.
15. Tribal Church, Steve Stroope. Story of LakePointe Church and Stroope's strategy for church leadership.
PS, On Feb. 2 @ 10am I will host a FREE one hour seminar to share my top 10 learnings from 2011. I'd love to have you on the line. Just click here to register.