* Losing My Religion part 3, "from hypocrisy to authenticity."
* Taught from Mattthew 15:1-20... Jesus problem with the pharisees is that they valued their interpretation of God's law over God's law itself.
* Traditions and man made laws tend to focus on external modification. God is focused on heart transformation.
* The traditions were established to protect man from breaking God's commands, but eventually kept the religious people from experiencing God.
* God is more concerned with what comes out of your mouth than what goes into your mouth! When you focus on the heart you get transformation.
* We should learn to pay attention to our hearts... Greed, jealousy, pride, selfishness... asking, "What is the root of that condition of my heart?"
* People often are not honest about their hearts and try to act like their disease of the heart doesn't exist. This deception leads to great sickness in all areas of our lives!
In addition to all this:
* 185 people were in attendance on Sunday. We had 15 first time guests! People are doing a great job inviting their friends and spreading the word about South Bay!
* One person made a decision to follow Christ for the first time!
* Sign ups for small groups continued. Still waiting to get those numbers. If you've yet to sign up for a group make sure to get into a group! Click here for groups info.
* Next Sunday is the last week of our Losing My Religion series. Make sure to be there for the conclusion of this great series!
* I am so thankful to God for all that He is doing in our midst! We believe that we are so blessed to be a part of something that is soo much bigger than our lives! I can't wait to see what he continues to do as we move forward.
PS... The questions for God series is just 2 weeks away! This is one you want to miss as we address some of humanity's deepest questions for God!!