Friday, July 25, 2008

Why I love my wife!


There are lots of reasons I love my wife, here are just 10!
1. She loves God deeply...

It never ceases to amaze me how committed my wife is to following Christ. When I observe her life I challenged to love God more. She consistently spends time seeking to know him more by reading the bible, praying, journaling and much more.

2. She is generous...

My wife is one of the most generous people I know. If it were up to her she would give away everything we have. She has consistently displayed a desire to trust God by being generous with our finances and our lives.

3. She is one of the most compassionate people I know...

It is amazing to me how much my wife can be brought to tears over helpless people in a foreign country whom she has never met. When we discuss adopting a child or the aids crisis in Africa she is filled with love that makes her move to action. I am always amazed how people bear their heart to my wife. She is genuinely concerned about people and their lives. It truly amazes me.

4. She is an amazing mother..
.
She is good from planning out meals for our son Caedmon, to playing with him, to training him on a daily basis. She is one of the most proactive moms I know and is doing a fabulous job creating an environment for our children to flourish.

5. She has a lot of faith...

I think that most women would have gone crazy if they were married to me. With all of the moves and huge visions we have taken on in the first five years of our lives. She is definitely the more realistic of the two of us, but she does a great job in her realism to never pour water on my dreams and visions that God has put on my heart. I have been amazed by her faith as we move forward in starting South Bay Church.

6. She is so much more smarter than me...

She thinks of things that would never cross my mind. For example when we went on our honeymoon she planned out each outfit to wear over the course of two weeks. I just threw almost everything I owned in a bag and closed the zipper. I am changing because of being around here. I must confess she has much more common sense and is way more intelligent than me.

7. She is very loyal and trustworthy...

You know if someone talks bad about others when they are with you, they talk bad about you when you are away. My wife does not gossip or talk negatively about people. In fact if I make negative comments about others she redirects or corrects me. She is a great confidant and does not violate people's trust. This is a great quality for a spouse!

8. She is proactive about growing...

She takes initiative to read in areas where she is weak. She charts a plan for growing and asks God to help her go to the next level in her life. She takes risks and wants to be used by God. She does not allow the circumstances of life to remove her passion or desire to make an impact.

9. She prioritizes our relationship...

With all of the busyness of life she prioritizes her attention and focus on me as her husband. As a young mom she is full of activity that comes from taking care of our 22 month old son, but she does not fail to show me love and respect as her husband.

10. She has a heart for the church and people who are far from God!

My wife has truly amazed me with her heart to extend the kingdom of God and proclaim his message to those who don't know him. I never feel like I am dragging her along, but rather I feel like she is a partner in the work of the church!

I am grateful to God for an amazing wife!