Monday, September 15, 2008

Caedmon's Birthday

Today is Caedmon's birthday. It is hard for me to believe that he is already turning two. He is such a blessing and joy to our family. Today we will celebrate his birthday with our team and later I will post some pictures from his party. Today I am reminded of a couple of verses from the bible actually that Stacie called to my attention in a recent conversation... Psalm 127:3 says, "Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from him." The other verse is found in Luke 18:15-17, "Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." I am grateful to be a father and it increases my understanding of God's love for me. If you would pray for my son today I would appreciate it.

Please pray for the following:
1. Pray that he would grow up to be a passionate follower of Christ.
2. Pray that God would guide his steps and allow him to make decisions that lead to a fruitful life.
3. Pray that as he grows God would give Stacie and I a great relationship with him!

Thanks.