Friday, September 12, 2008

Lean Into It

There are certain things that you want to avoid and certain things that you want to attack. I believe discouragement is one of those things you attack and lean into. Like I referenced earlier this week, Nehemiah had some thugs trying to frustrate the work of God in his life. They were in essence trying to discourage him. He writes in 6:9, "they were just tring to intimidate us, imagining that they could discourage us and stop the work. So continued the work with even greater determination." What a brilliant solution!!! You are going to try and discourage me? I will just turn up the intensity of my devotion to God one notch! You can't shake this Nehemiah guy!! I want to be like that. What if every time I faced discouragement I just decided to follow Christ with that much more passion and hunger. Seems like a good solution. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but sure sounds like a plan to me!