Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Day in Monterey

After casting my vote today I headed out to Monterey, Ca. One of the most beautiful places I've ever see in my life. I arrived here about 2:30pm, negotiated a reduced rate hotel price at a location on the beach and unloaded my books and clothes. I sat in the lobby and finished a book on leadership asking God to refresh and clarify vision and strategy for South Bay Church, following that I grabbed a bowl of claw chowder from a local seafood joint. I then proceeded to Starbucks and plowed through the first few chapters of Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll. I intentionally planned these two days to remove myself from the craziness of life and ministry to prepare my heart for our first preview on Nov. 16. We are only 12 days away from our first public gathering. I am praying that God would clarify the message he wants me to deliver that morning and touch my lips. It is great for me to pull away and be reminded of God's majesty and beauty and have my mind and soul refreshed, and my vision refocused!