Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Night Reflections

Tonight was by far our best launch team to date for South Bay Church! It is hard to believe that we have only been here for a little over 4 months and we have seen God grow this launch team from three families to 35 adults in one of the most difficult parts of the country to start a new church. God showed up and blessed it in incredible ways. We shared our 2009 vision for South Bay Church and discussed the possibility of what God can do in the next 12 months. I shared a series of "What If?" statements, asking the question... "What if God really showed up in this area of our church?" Then we asked the question, "What do we need to to prepare ourselves for God to move in huge ways in 2009?"

I think that sometimes we are afraid to dream and ask God for big movements of His Spirit. My consistent prayer to God the last couple months has been, "help me believe you for more, more people coming to faith, more radically changed lives, more people engaging in the kingdom of God..." I don't want my faith to be the limiting or stopping point of our church. I don't want Jesus to look at my life and our church and say, "I had so much more for you, but you never asked me or sought it." May God unleash his power and presence in our midst and bring himself great glory through South Bay Church. May God give me the faith to believe him for what he wants to do through us in the Silicon Valley.

We are only 7 (almost 6) days away from Jan. 11 our next monthly service which is going to be the best to date. (details here) I am believe God is going to show up and meet with people this Sunday. I believe God has something very specific he wants to say to our church about growth and real transformation. There is one principle I am going to share next Sunday that I think could forever change the way people see growth in their lives and ultimately the way we see God. There is something special God wants to do in our lives this week! I can't wait. No doubt in my mind this is going to be the service to date! It is a huge day in the history of South Bay Church. I am not sure I will be able to sleep well, I am so pumped!

One last thing... One "what if?" from tonight. What if God filled this theater in San Jose next Christmas eve with 1,000 people from South Bay Church. I can just see it right now! Amazing think about all that God is going to do in 2009!