Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dangerous Surrender

"The world has yet to see what God will do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully consecrated to Him." - D.L. Moody

I am motived, inspired, challenged, haunted, humbled, and much more by this quote. I am going to do a whole message series on this quote in March. I want to be that man. What happens when a human heart gets dangerously surrendered to Jesus? What happens when you give your life completely to Him! I know I may have talked about this on my blog recently, but I am just so stinkin challenged by this thought... What if we completely give our lives to Jesus? What if we found a whole church of people who said, "I am going to do whatever it takes to dangerously surrender my life to Christ." What would it look? Would the world take note. What if the love of God was so thick and the compassion for the world was so apparent that it spilled out the doors of our church and revolutionized our world. What if the local church completely got it? What would happen? God please let us raise up a generation of men and woman who passionately love Jesus. It is all about you and your name being honored. May 10's of thousands of men and women in the Silicon Valley and SF Bay Area choose to follow you and give their whole life to you. Help us be a church that raises the bar and loves courageously!! Help us love like there is no tomorrow. To obey with urgency and passionately follow you as the King of the Universe.

9 Days Until the Launch of South Bay Church. I do hope you'll come! Right now it is calling for rain on that day February 8th. Please join me in prayer that God will breakthrough with sunshine and beautiful weather! It is going to be a huge day in the movement of the gospel to the ends of the earth!