Here are some random thoughts and a review of my day-
* Realized on Saturday night I had run out of coffee beans. Went at 7:15p on Saturday evening to Starbucks in our apartment complex, to find out that had just closed 15 minutes prior. Woke up at 5:30 this morning to pray. Showered to be at Starbucks when they opened at 6:00am. The three workers were late, I stood outside in 40 degree rainy weather for 22 minutes waiting for beans! Uhhh! Great start to a day.
* Rained really hard today. The Valley needed it. I said there must be some farmer on his knees somewhere praying for rain. Going to pray everyday this week for sunshine next Sunday. The people who came to church today wanted to be there!!!
* We ran short on volunteers today, seemed like half of our volunteer team went out of town for Valentines and President's Day.
* Challenging morning getting everything set up after going from missions teams and lots of external help. All of our volunteers busted it and we were able to start on time like you would have never known we had half the number of workers this week.
* Had several people show up to help today after only coming once to South Bay. That is so exciting to watch that happen. We had a great group of volunteers today who worked super hard and covered for the gaps. I am so amazed by the team of people who serve at South Bay. They make it happen!!
* People were a little less interactive today, weather has an effect on this. Still felt like God blessed our worship and people's hearts were touched.
* Taught from the parable of the unmerciful servant (Matthew 18:15-25).
* Every relationship gets off track, how do we mend the relationships that have drifted? FORGIVENESS.
* Said that Unforgiveness is the great thief. We
have a tendency to lock people in a form of a prison because of their offense. Problem is we actually lock ourselves in Prison.
* Went to Alcatraz to shoot a video last week to bring home the significance of being locked in Prison. You can watch below. Archie made this video... Didn't he do a great job? I love the part at the end... VERY POWERFUL!!
* Said that for many of us, the only thing holding us back from the life God has is the decision to forgive that person!
* Challenged people to forgive "that person". Gave everyone a piece of dissolvable paper. At the end of the service we had people write down the offense and name of person who has hurt them. And then as we place, "Grace Flows Down" people walked forward and placed the paper in buckets of water. It was pretty powerful to watch people as they chose to forgive.
* Heard of some people making a decision to talk to family members who they hadn't spoken to in over 10 years. Wow that's powerful! God blessed that!
* In spite of all the challenges we still had 187 people there today. I was very pleased with the turnout! Praying that next week we are back over 200 people!
Some days are a little more tough. I wish everyday could be a sunny day in the mid 70's, but just like the earth needs rain we need rainy days. They cause us to have to fight a little more. They sift us and prove our worth. Today, although it was a tough day in many regards... It was a huge win for us as a church. I was very pleased with our turnout today and I really believed God impacted people's lives for eternity. I can't wait until next week to see what God is going to do in our midst. I am looking forward to a short 3 day break this week with Stacie where we will go to a pastor's conference.
Good job Arch!
Forgiveness from South Bay Church on Vimeo.