Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When I am tired

Over the last few weeks I've been getting increasingly tired. I was thinking about all the things that start to happen when I get tired: I work out less, I drink more coffee and diet coke, I eat more sweets/breads, I am more negative and critical of myself and others, I am less kind with my family, I am more impatient, I have a harder time enjoying life and others, I get sick easier, I have a harder time focusing when I am trying to pray or read the bible, I don't work as wisely, I don't plan as well, I waste more time when I am going throughout the day and there is more... So I guess you could just say that I am less fruitful and less godly when I am tired. I guess that is why one author wrote, "sometimes the most godly thing you can do is take a nap." I am feeling that right now! Anyways, this was just something that I thought about today.