Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Am I too young?

One of the things I am starting to realize... :-) is that there are people in our church who are old enough to be my grandparents. I love this!! But I must admit that there is something a tad bit intimidating standing up on Sundays speaking to someone who has experienced every season of life. There is a lot about life that I have yet to experience. There are seasons of adulthood that have yet to come to my doorstep. I often wonder, "Am I too young to impact this person's life?" I was reminded this morning as I was reading 1 Timothy that I am not too young! 1 Timothy 4:12 says, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." The insight today is this, I don't have the wisdom that I will when I am 60 years old and have walked through adulthood, but today I can be an example. I can model what it means to live for Christ, love him and others, walk by faith and live with purity. These attributes in the life of a follower of Christ can inspire and challenge people no matter what their age or season of life. My task is more to inspire and challenge people to live passionately for Christ in their current season of life. I can model passion and a hot pursuit of God even if I don't have the answers! What a freeing place to be this morning.