Thursday, April 16, 2009

P.S. I love you!!

Last night I watched one of the most sad movies I've watched in my life~ It was the story of a woman who loses her husband and the whole movie is about a series of love letters her husband wrote prior to his passing. There was a whole series of letters he wrote coming to her over the course of one year. It was horribly sad. I think whenever I watch these types of movies there are primary emotions i end up fighting: 1. Fear of losing the ones I love the most. 2. a reminder of how important it is to make sure you cherish the people i love. Right now as I sit at my desk I have a picture of Caedmon and I staring at Big Sur with his arm around my shoulder. It is a reminder of my love for that little boy. At my office at home I have a huge picture frame with shots of Stacie in her wedding dress. It helps be reminded of the day I watched her walk down the aisle to become my bride. The truth is, our days with our loved ones are numbered and we don't know that number. I often pray that God would give me the privilege of growing old with Stacie and that one day I will sit with her in a rocking chair on the front porch in my 80's. but, none of this is guaranteed! So, I have today to love and to cherish the ones I love. May my life be filled with a passionate pursuit of the hearts of those closest to me. May I be a man who makes memories and gives his heart fully to treasure each moment throughout the course of the journey. I pray today that you would find the perspective to love people like there is no tomorrow and be reminded of God's deep love for your family, your neighbor, your co-worker, and whoever else that person might be! Today is all that we are promised!!!!!!