Wow! Easter is now only 5 days away. It is hard to believe. We are praying that God will help us connect with over 400 people this Easter. This would be more than double what we have been averaging as a church during our regular Sunday worship experience.
Here is a list of some of the things we have done as a church leading up to Easter:
1. 21 days of prayer in our community at 7:00am each morning (aside from Sundays)
2. Challenge all of our people to bring 3 people to Easter services.
3. Send out 90,000 mailers to our community.
4. Publicize Easter services in our local AMC theatre.
5. Publicize Easter services through google adwords.
6. Hanging 6,000 door-hangers in our community to invite people. (Thanks to Lake Pointe Church and one other mission team who is in town)
7. Easter Egg Hunt in our community on Saturday April 11 @ 1:30pm.
8. Hosting 2 services on Easter (9:30 & 11:00am)
9. Starting a new series titled, "My Upside Down Life."
10. 48 hour prayer chain leading up to Easter beginning on Friday @ 10:30am.
11. Giving 200 gift mugs with invites and candy to local service agencies.
12. Praying like crazy every day.
We believe that God does the work, but he uses our faith as vessels. Faith is proved by her actions. All of these efforts to reach more people with the good news about Jesus is because our belief that God wants everyone in our community to experience his love and the hope he can offer their lives. I am praying that God blows us away this weekend when he does something beyond our comprehension. I hope that you will make the effort to join us and be a part!