Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Get the right people on the bus

You may have read or heard of Jim Collins book called Good to Great. He has a chapter in the book about getting the right people on the bus in your organization... Meaning your leadership team must be top notch. When you have the right people on the bus there are very few limitations to where your organization can go! I just want to go on the record and say that our organization has the right people on the bus. We have some of the best staff anyone could ever ask for. The Jackson and Santos families who are on staff with South Bay Church are some of the best leaders I know. I've told Archie that I think he has the potential to be one of the best worship leaders in our generation, and Filipe has the potential to be one of the very best "executive/sidekick" pastors in our generation. I believe it will all of my heart. These two men are the kind of guys that you want to go into the trenches with. They are humble consistent followers of Christ, very faithful and loyal in their leadership, and so on. Not only are these two guys unbelievable but so are their wives. They are all sacrificially bought in to the vision of South Bay Church. They own the vision, they bleed for it, pray like crazy, serve diligently, and I could go on and on! In addition, I have one amazing wife who is one of the best people to have on the bus. She is faithful, loyal, humble, hospitable, trustworthy, committed, available and the list goes on. I just am one of the most blessed pastors I know because of who I get to labor with. Thank you God! I look forward to seeing how he grows our team and brings more people on the bus!