last night we had 23 adults and 6 kids in our launch team meeting. We are 20 days out from our first preview gathering on November 16. It is amazing to see this church becoming a reality.
Last Night we look at Acts 2:42-47, Here are some thoughts I shared during the meeting:
* The church in Acts went from 120 people to over 3,000 people in just one day. The team Jesus developed was the launching pad for reaching thousands of people with the message! Our "Launch Team" is a launching pad that God will use to reach thousands of people!
* The church in Acts was ridiculously obedient! God blesses people who are willing to follow him wherever he leads. Part of the church's role is to help people take their next step in the journey of faith. To be like the early church we must have a bent towards obedience and action.
* The church in Acts was not asking, "How can I get my needs met." They were insanely generous, selling everything they own for the cause!
* The church in Acts was amazingly relational. That had a commitment to one another. The message spread quickly in the context of relationships.
* The church in Acts was externally focused. Very simple and obvious, but there is no point at which it is optional for us to become focused on our own needs.
Next week is going to be exciting. We are going to break into three teams: Bay Kidz, The First Impressions Team, and the Worship Experience team. It is going to be fun. I am so excited to see the team God is bringing together and excited about the launch of the church! It is such an honor to be a part of South Bay Church!