Saturday, October 18, 2008

Perfect Peace

It is amazing to me how God speaks to us through reading the bible. This past week I was feeling anxious about some details leading up to the launch of our church. I shared all of this with Stacie on Wednesday night, the next morning as I did my daily reading in the bible I came across this verse from Isaiah 26:3-4, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you. All whose thoughts who are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD God is the eternal Rock!" I love it!! How do we find perfect peace, by trusting in the eternal rock. When my thoughts are fixed on God he somehow has a way of calming my anxiety and bringing peace to my chaotic world. As as husband, father, leader, pastor, friend there are so many things that get thrown my way. So many times the weight I carry feels overwhelming. When I am in this place I can always find perfect peace by relying on the eternal rock himself.